Monday, October 15, 2007

Unschooling Intro

For those of you that don't know, unschooling is a branch of homeschooling where the learning is student-driven. So rather than putting kids through cirriculum and testing and things, forcing them to learn what I want them to when I want them to, I am letting my kids tell me what they want to learn about and when. Whatever it may be, and only when they are interested in working on it. The underlying theory is that you learn much better when you are engaged. The goal is to create people who love to learn, and seek out the knowledge that they need to conquer daily issues in their lives. This translates to a self-motivated person in the workforce, who know what they want and how to make it happen. Join me as I talk about homeschooling and specifically unschooling news, techniques, and stories (and whatever else I think of).

No comments: